The WHO made a statement earlier today about the cost of a birdflu pandemic to the global economy saying the figure would be around Two Trillion. A lot higher than first anticipated.
The comments on September 17 came as a senior World Health Organization official said the threat from the H5N1 avian-flu virus was just as real today as it was six months ago.
- Compensation underway for poultry farmers
- Vietnam Prepares For Outbreak
- Australian WildLife free of BirdFlu
- Uganda takes extreme measures to stop the spread of BirdFlu
- Yet another Human Birdflu case in Egypt
- Birdflu not detected in New Zealand
- Pacific Nations urged to improve BirdFlu plans
- BirdFlu could cost Two Trillion.
- $15 Million Avian Flu Grant for Indonesia
- An Odd Marketing Campaign