The World Health Organisation is urging pacific nations such as China, Japan, Australia to do more to prepare for a Bird Flu pandemic.
He told a meeting of health authorities from Western Pacific nations, meeting in Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city, that a speedy emergency response could be crucial in containing a pandemic.
“If rapid interventions are successful, the severe adverse health, social and economic consequences expected to result from a pandemic might be prevented,” he said.
- Compensation underway for poultry farmers
- Vietnam Prepares For Outbreak
- Australian WildLife free of BirdFlu
- Uganda takes extreme measures to stop the spread of BirdFlu
- Yet another Human Birdflu case in Egypt
- Birdflu not detected in New Zealand
- Pacific Nations urged to improve BirdFlu plans
- BirdFlu could cost Two Trillion.
- $15 Million Avian Flu Grant for Indonesia
- An Odd Marketing Campaign