Biosecurity New Zealand spoke to members of the press today saying after completing its first survey of commercial broiler and layer farms throughout the country they have found no trace of birdflu.
The study was the first phase of an ongoing surveillance programme. MAF will continue to conduct further surveillance to meet its originally stated objectives of confirming the absence of highly pathogenic influenza virus in New Zealand and meeting New Zealandâ€™s international reporting obligations.
- Compensation underway for poultry farmers
- Vietnam Prepares For Outbreak
- Australian WildLife free of BirdFlu
- Uganda takes extreme measures to stop the spread of BirdFlu
- Yet another Human Birdflu case in Egypt
- Birdflu not detected in New Zealand
- Pacific Nations urged to improve BirdFlu plans
- BirdFlu could cost Two Trillion.
- $15 Million Avian Flu Grant for Indonesia
- An Odd Marketing Campaign