Jeremy from Inside Blogging messaged me earlier today to say that Inside blogging would donate $5 to the Tsunami appeal for every business blog that I linked to today to a limit of $100. Sounded a fairly easy task at first but in considering it it probably left me with more questions than it did [...]
Archive for the 'Blogging n Stuff' Category
When I asked readers over at ProBlogger what they’d like to ask professional bloggers MM asked:
‘I want to know what kind of research they did before they jumpstart a new blog. How do they gauge the “marketability” or earning potential of a new topic?’
I’ll ask the question when I start my interview series - but [...]
When I asked readers over at ProBlogger what they’d like to ask professional bloggers Hashim asked:
‘Ask them do they choose topics they personally enjoy or just what will make the most money’
Good question - I’ll ask those I interview but will answer for myself here.
Update: I’ve moved this blog post to Do you start [...]
This post on the Hopes of Probloggers has been moved to ProBlogger at hopes of a Professional Blogger.
Lindsey asks: ‘Are there any web designers out there who specialize in custom design for blogs? Or have you worked with a designer that did great work on your blog and whom you’d recommend? I’m artistically challenged, but really want to do something other than the Typepad defaults.’
anks for the question Lindsey - you sound [...]
Stopdesign has a great tutorial on how to put together a photo gallery blog using Moveable Type. Its a great tutorial, especially because they are Mac people like me. Check out the results of the tutorial - his photo galleries and you’ll see why I’m so excited by the tutorial. Beautifully designed and great photos.
Omidar Network has a good page full of Nonprofit Blogs. Very very cool!
‘This page is a collection point for nonprofit weblogs. The purpose is simply to begin to get a sense of what this particular slice of the blogosphere looks like. In addition, it begins to give us a sense of who to reach out [...]
Craig McGinty asks:
‘It would be interesting to hear thoughts on the value of setting up ‘quick-hit’ blogs to cover individual sporting events, entertainment stories or maybe even high-profile court cases.
It is clear that people are turning to the web for quick access to information, especially when news is still breaking on a story.’
Great question [...]
Inside Blogging is running the 2005 Business Blogging Awards and is seeking more nominations especially in some of their categories. Darren also lists the growing list of prizes for the awards - some of which will hopefully motivate some nominations. When I first saw the list of categories I wondered if there [...]
This post about Blog Myths and Facts has been doing the rounds of the blogosphere the last few days - some of it is quite amusing:
‘MYTH: Most bloggers are paid off by politicians to assert certain viewpoints.
FACT: Only 8% of bloggers are bribed for their viewpoints. The remaining 92% have too few readers to [...]
Darren (yes another potential member of the online Darren Society) wrote a good post this last week titled Name Your Band Something Googlable. Common sense post out of his experience with a band called ‘Stars’ who have made it pretty difficult for their fans to find them on google with such a common noun as [...]
This post on the Fears of Probloggers has been moved to ProBlogger at fears of a Professional Blogger.