Well it has been 12 hours since my blogathon of 2005 has ended and I’ve had a nice 7 hours sleep and a lazy morning away from the computer recovering.
The Stats - before I get onto the important stats - of how much we earned - here are some others from the day.
- 113 posts written in 24 hours (one every 12.74 minutes)
- 23056 words written (one every 3.74 seconds). Of course this includes quite a few quotes and the interview posts which I wrote up in the days before the blogathon.
- 5 cups of coffee, 2.5 bags of lollies (chocolate bullets, snakes and jelly babies)
- Comments left - 120
I’ve started counting up the donations and pledges and still have a few loose ends to tie up. One or two people have asked if they can still donate or buy sponsorship links. I’m happy to put your link on the page if you make/made a donation. Just let me know what you want.
Here is the state of play with earnings so far:
- The TLD challenge: I linked to 65 links from different Top Level Domains bringing this donation to $130 (AU) or approximately ($100) USD
- Site Sponsorship/Advertising - $270(USD)
- General Donations/Pledges Confirmed - $560 (USD)
Giving a total of $930 USD so far (around $1190 AU depending on the exchange rate).
As I said - I’m still waiting on a couple of people to confirm their donation levels based upon pledges per post/link etc and on one or two people who have expressed interest in buying a text link on the site (all links purchased will remain on the site for 12 months on every page on the site (130 or so) in the side bar so it should help your page ranking).
Thanks again for your wonderful donations and support - both the donations of money but also those of you who spent considerable time on the site yesterday with me. Your emails, comments, msn messengers, SMS texts and phone calls went a long way to keeping me awake and sane. Again a special thank you to Kel who spent most of the 24 hours on the site despite being unwell. I hope I haven’t contributed to your flu worsening - I owe you a coffee or 10 and am putting your blog up as an official site sponsor because in many ways you gave more than anyone else.
Update: Thanks to Personal Finance Blog for coming to the party and becoming a site sponsor. They have been added to the side bar and their contribution brings the total so far up to $930 USD.