Sunette Viljoen has won the Gold medal for South Africa in the Women’s Javelin while Laverne Eve from Bahamas taking the silver and Olivia McKoy from Jamaica taking the bronze medal.
Archive for the 'Bahamas' Category
Bahamas Triple Jumper Leevan Sands has been suspended for testing positive for a banned substance and will not compete at the Commonwealth Games.
The following swimmers have qualified for the final of this event this evening
1. Travis Nederpelt (Australia) 1 min 57.36 secs
2. Moss Burmester (New Zealand) 1:59.87
3. Jeremy Knowles (Bahamas) 2:00.17
4. Joshua Krogh (Australia) 2:00.53
5. Andrew McMillan (New Zealand) 2:00.70
6. Andrew Richards (Australia) 2:00.79
7. Ian Powell (Guernsey) 2:02.26
8. Matthew Bowe (England) 2:02.34
Four years ago the Bahamas did reasonably well at the Commonwealth Games in Manchester but due to a number of retirements, the tiny island nation does not look as though it will be able to successfully defend any of its titles.
Reigning Commonwealth Games sprint champion Debbie Ferguson of The Bahamas will not defend her titles at next month’s Games in Melbourne, Australia.
Ferguson landed the 100 metres, 200 metres and the sprint relay titles at the last championship in Manchester, England four years ago but has not fully recovered from surgery on her back, which forced [...]