‘A south Florida woman is trying to inform the public about a scam that plays on people’s emotions. The woman gave her credit card information over the phone because she thought it was a matter of life or death.
It took me to such a place I just thought the worst.”
Sherrye Fenton and her friend Cathy Catanzaro were headed to the airport in Charlotte, North Carolina Sunday when Sherrye’s cell phone rang.
“It’s a man saying he was with a woman who was in a major car accident and that she was unconscious and she had a lot of injuries, did I have a family member traveling,” Fenton said.’
Read more at Credit card scam plays on emotions
- New Web Site Offers Free Analysis to Find the Best Rates for Credit Card Merchant Account Processing
- Hotel clerk accused of stealing guests’ credit card numbers
- Gov’t won’t lower top rates for credit cards in China
- Visa launches mini credit card
- Credit card scam plays on emotions
- Watchdog slaps warnings on drastic plastic credit charges
- DoCoMo, Mizuho Bank to team up in credit-card enabled cell phones
- Default fees cap could hit credit card firms for £400m
- CREDIT CARD SCAM …Over $100,000 made in illegal purchases
- Thailand Credit Card Market Becoming Saturated