ED Digital Launches Dynamic Digitrex(R) Brand, Broad-Based CE, Home Theater Product Line in the U.S. Market
New Player Positioned to Make the Connected Home a Simple Reality with Introduction of Cutting-Edge, Wireless, High-Definition Network LCD TVs
Market newcomer, ED Digital, will introduce a broad family of products under the Digitrex(R) brand, including LCD TVs, DVD players, personal media players, set-top boxes and home theater equipment, at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Thursday to Sunday, Jan. 5 - 8, 2006, in Booth No. 70400, in the Sands Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Backed by Jiangkui Group, a leading Chinese producer of home appliances and consumer electronics devices, the Digitrex division of ED Digital is bringing the promise of a seamless and exciting connected home to the U.S. market, by offering a combination of user-friendly devices with integrated easy-to-use, graphical end-user interfaces.
During CES, the company also plans to unveil an industry-first wireless High-Definition Network LCD TV which will be PlaysForSure-certified. This certification means that consumers will be able to easily access a broad range of content from the growing variety of PlaysForSure subscriptions and download digital music and video services.
“We are well positioned to make a notable impact on the U.S. market,” Steve Jean, vice president of marketing and product development, ED Digital, said. “We are entering a new era of home entertainment, and Digitrex products are poised to take the lead in making the connected home not just a reality, but one that is hassle-free and easily attainable for everyone.”
The Jiangkui Group currently holds leading market share positions in DVD players in Japan and Europe, as well as for LCD TVs in Europe. ED Digital will offer these product categories to American consumers under the Digitrex brand.
ED Digital is strategically located in Southern California - in the heart of the entertainment community. The location is also close to several key technology partners and near major logistics hubs.
ED Digital is led by two industry veterans. Bill Bast, executive vice president and general manager, has over 30 years in the industry and has worked with several notable companies including Sanyo and Nyko. Steve Jean, vice president of marketing and product development, also has more than 30 years experience in the consumer electronics business, working with companies like Marantz Co., Sanyo and Philips Consumer Electronics.
- BenQ Produces World’s First Flat TV with Home Theater Quality Audio Powered by D2Audio’s Intelligent Digital Amplifiers
- ED Digital Unveils World’s 1st High-Definition Network LCD TVs with Microsoft Windows Media Connect Technology
- ACTION! MODEL THREE 1080
- ViewSonic 23″ Ultra Slim Bezel Widescreen LCD Display - VP2330wb
- MSIâ„¢ launches its New Media Center PC -LR PC with AMD Solution - MSI Living Room (LR) PC
- SIZZLING HOT ACTION! MODEL TWO HD DLPTM REFERENCE LEVEL
- New Digitrex(R) High-Definition Network LCD TVs Add Support for Microsoft Windows Media Connect
- ED Digital Launches Dynamic Digitrex(R) Brand, Broad-Based CE, Home Theater Product Line in the U.S. Market
- Syntax Olevia LT32HVM 32″ HD-Ready Flat-Panel LCD TV
- TiVo to let subscribers choose ads