‘The value and use of instant messaging (IM) applications for business will continue to increase rapidly for at least the next four years, analysts have predicted.
According to a newly released IDC study of the worldwide enterprise IM applications market, which includes IM server products as well as enterprise IM security, compliance and management products, jumped 37 per cent in terms of year-over-year revenue in 2004.
IDC expects the market to rocket from $315m in 2005 to $736m in 2009.’
Read more at Business tunes into instant messaging
- Yahoo! offers phone via instant messaging
- FaceTime Secures Instant Messaging For Distance Learning University
- Yahoo Messenger Integrates VOIP
- Mobile IM for Skype
- New Botnets Utilizing Instant Messaging
- Secure Developers Portal for Instant Messaging Bots
- ScanSafe Intros IM Security Management
- SIP Unified Communications Is All the Buzz
- Akonix Rolls Comprehensive Instant Messaging Security Bundle
- Microsoft Messenger for Mac 5.1