‘Net telephone service Skype Technologies is set to make its first appearance in a U.S. retail store.
The Luxembourg-based Net telephony company, founded by the people behind the Kazaa peer-to-peer service, is expected to announce on Monday that it has struck a partnership with consumer electronics chain RadioShack.
Skype Starter Kit More than 3,000 RadioShack locations nationwide on Monday will begin offering the Skype Starter Kit, which includes the software that enables a customer to use Skype’s free computer-to-computer telephone service, a headset and 30 minutes of Skype’s premium service, with which a user can call a landline or cell phone, company executives said.’
Read more at Skype to make U.S. retail debut
- Yahoo! offers phone via instant messaging
- FaceTime Secures Instant Messaging For Distance Learning University
- Yahoo Messenger Integrates VOIP
- Mobile IM for Skype
- New Botnets Utilizing Instant Messaging
- Secure Developers Portal for Instant Messaging Bots
- ScanSafe Intros IM Security Management
- SIP Unified Communications Is All the Buzz
- Akonix Rolls Comprehensive Instant Messaging Security Bundle
- Microsoft Messenger for Mac 5.1