Messenger Plus! 3.54 has been released. Here’s their changelog:
Added “DelayedSignin” registry setting. You can now use this setting to make Messenger wait the specified period of time before automatically signing in when it starts. Some people reported that letting Messenger 7 automatically sign-in after a reboot made their whole computer be very slow, this new simple feature of Messenger Plus! by-passes the problem.
The Preferences Lockdown password is now asked when the Configuration Wizard is launched.
Fixed a crash problem that could occur in very rare circumstances when using floating windows.
Unicode Richedits were not enabled in version 3.52, causing Chinese/Japanese/… characters to be handled improperly by some of the Plus! features. That’s fixed now.
Bug fixed when sending more than 5,000 characters depending on the log settings.
Fixed a bug in the scheduler when tasks are repeating every month or every year.
Thanks to my new subscription to the Windows Error Reporting system, I’ve been able to locate and fix a couple of bugs affecting a percentage of my user base. Too bad the guys from the MS Anti-Spyware team are not as cooperative as the guys from the MS Winqual one as everybody would benefit from the results (because yes, MS Anti-Spyware still cripples the uninstallation program of the sponsor, preventing users from removing it from their system).
- Yahoo! offers phone via instant messaging
- FaceTime Secures Instant Messaging For Distance Learning University
- Yahoo Messenger Integrates VOIP
- Mobile IM for Skype
- New Botnets Utilizing Instant Messaging
- Secure Developers Portal for Instant Messaging Bots
- ScanSafe Intros IM Security Management
- SIP Unified Communications Is All the Buzz
- Akonix Rolls Comprehensive Instant Messaging Security Bundle
- Microsoft Messenger for Mac 5.1