‘A judge has asked Visa and MasterCard to disclose details about their relationship with CardSystems Solutions, the payment processor that was the subject of a high-profile data security breach.
The information, such as contracts between the companies, should help determine whether the credit card companies have responsibility under California law to notify consumers whose personal details were exposed in the CardSystems breach, San Francisco Superior Court Judge Richard Kramer said Tuesday during a court hearing here.
Visa, MasterCard, Merrick Bank and CardSystems were sued in June on behalf of California credit card holders and card-accepting merchants. The suit seeks to test a state law that requires consumer notification after personal information stored on computers is lost, stolen or breached.’
Read more at Judge looks for links in credit card case
- Google Set To Challenge PayPal
- New Web Site Offers Free Analysis to Find the Best Rates for Credit Card Merchant Account Processing
- Discovering Visa’s security requirements
- StormPay trying to resolve problem
- Internet credit card processing: aggressive fraud controls
- Judge looks for links in credit card case
- UK mortgages up, credit cards down
- Merchants sue Visa, MasterCard, banks
- 6 Payment Gateways Reviewed [eCommerce]
- A Beginner’s Guide to Merchant Accounts