Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, and is important for bone health too. It is also involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
It is used in significantly lower quantities by food and supplement companies than calcium and lags way behind the bone health nutrient in mineral sales. But this trend is starting to change, with major brands increasingly using magnesium in energy drinks and even mainstream foods.
- Bed bugs vs dust mites
- National Nutritional Foods Association to Celebrate Landmark Birthday
- CAFTA will affect vitamin sales
- New Years Resolutions
- Euro-court backs vitamin restrictions
- FAO, WHO Go Tough On Food, Drugs Standards
- Breakfast good time for taking vitamins
- ‘Eu Health Food Laws Will Wreck Businesses’
- Quixtar Donates Nutrilite(R) Vitamins to Healthy Foundation’s Vitamin Relief USA Program
- Caplin returns to Number 10