If you’re like me, I have a habit of putting down my cellphone, wallet, keys… you name it, and then spend half an hour trying to find them again. *Sigh*. Anyways, when I get my new iPod, I might also invest in one of these, because it’ll be a little more freaked out if my iPod went missing.
Loc8tor is the first product of its type on the market using James Bond style miniaturized tags as a homing device. In an increasingly cluttered and frantic world, Loc8tor is a versatile product designed to help you find and indeed help stop you from losing your possessions in the first place. Loc8tor can help prevent that all to often feeling of frustration we all to frequently get.
Key benefits and features of Loc8tor :
• Completely portable and easy to use. Small enough to fit in your pocket
• Small discrete Tags (20 x 31 x 9mm) can be attached in seconds in or on almost any item.
• Loc8tor is directional. Guides you in to within 1 inch of the lost item.
• Extensive range of up to 180 metres.
• Loc8tor will warn you when batteries are low on Loc8tor or Tags.
• Dual function – Alert or Locate mode.
• Alert mode enables users to set the distance of items to be monitored per Tag from a choice of three settings: near, medium or far.
• Up to 24 tags can be registered, enabling multiple items to be simultaneously protected.
• Two types of miniaturised Tag available: Homing Tag and Panic Tag. Panic version enables a child or guardian to activate an alert sequence by pressing the panic button on the Tag.
A Loc8tor tale – a real life example of how it works
Emma Nichols suddenly realized: she had left her purse somewhere. But where? She had visited a number of shops on the High Street. As it turned out, it wasn’t a problem. Emma pressed a button on a small locating device in her coat pocket and within a few minutes, located her purse. There it was, in the dressing room of a shop. And she didn’t even have to open the door of the dressing room to know her purse was inside. Emma had simply pressed a button on her Loc8tor … the new electronic device that uses miniaturized tags to locate anything up to 500 feet.
The Loc8tor Emma used to find her purse might also have found her keys, her handbag, or even warned her if her son started to wander off.
Loc8tor has two modes: Locate lets you find any tagged item up to a range of 500 feet (150 metres) using directional, audio, visual and vibration technology, guiding you to within 1 inch (2.5cms) of your lost item. Alert prevents things from getting lost in the first place: when a tagged item moves out of your pre-set “safety zone”, Loc8tor lets you know immediately what’s missing and can direct you to where it’s gone.
Completely portable, lightweight and easy to use, with tags similar in size to a postage stamp, Loc8tor launches with two models in the range: The Loc8tor pack is priced at $99.99 and helps you find mislaid items. The Loc8tor Plus pack is priced at $169.99, includes both Locate and Alert modes and includes a panic tag that can be worn by a child, pet or dependent. For businesses an upgrade is available enabling the Loc8tor to be used as an Asset Protection device. This enables staff to be warned if an attempt is made to remove items from the premises.
For more information see their website.
- Sanyo MVP - with ESPN
- Lost your iPod?
- iPod nano accessories
- Worldwide Use of Music on Cell Phones Gaining Wide Acceptance
- MP3 Players Top Teens’ Wish Lists This Christmas
- MP3 player = iPod
- MP3 Subscriptions
- TuneBox Speaker System for iPod shuffle
- Radio streaming live to cell phones and handhelds