‘After making its way to a top five position in the global PC market, Taiwan-based Acer now has its sights set on the GPS and PDA markets, with more devices scheduled for release in the second half of this year.
According to DigiTimes, Acer plans to add two Taiwan-based ODM makers, Wistron and Compal Communications, to its supplier list for GPS and PDA devices which will significantly increase its supply capabilities.
Acer currently only uses Lite-On Technology for contract manufacturing of its handheld devices.’
Read more at Acer Plans PDA Phone, GPS Devices
- Palm Treo 680 Review The Age
- Palm Kicks Off Worldwide Treo Smartphone Marketing Campaign
- Palm Treo 680 Review
- HP revamps iPaq rx4240 and rx4540
- Nokia 870 Internet Tablet
- Latest Treo a big hit for Palm
- O2 unveils Xda Atom Exec
- PDA sales at record high of 3.7 million units in Q2
- Acer Plans PDA Phone, GPS Devices
- Treo 700P