‘A priest who once worked at the Vatican and was purportedly good friends with the late
Pope John Paul II has returned to Canada to face criminal charges involving sex with children decades ago, police told AFP.
Monsignor Bernard Prince, 71, was arrested upon his arrival at the Montreal airport from Italy late Tuesday, said Sergeant Kristine Rae-Cholette of the Ontario provincial police.
An arrest warrant had been issued in October.’
- Papal center’s spiral costly
- Pope to visit Britain next year
- John Paul’s sainthood centers on young nun
- Priest probes possible miracle in John Paul II saint case
- Pope Benedict chooses 15 new cardinals, and two are from U.S.
- Pope to name new Cardinals soon
- Pope urges caution on new converts to French Catholic group
- Ex-Vatican priest returns to Canada to face child sex charges
- Vatican Calls Turkey Trip a Critical Test
- First Lady Discusses Terrorism With Pope