‘To raise millions for the Pope John Paul II Cultural Center, Detroit Cardinal Adam Maida promised donors a world-class landmark in Washington, D.C., with an all-star lineup of famous scholars and door-busting exhibits of priceless artworks like Michelangelo’s Pieta.
The Vatican never sent any such masterpieces, however. The money ran out to hire the famous scholars. And crowds are a tenth of original estimates.’
Read more at Papal center’s spiral costly
- Papal center’s spiral costly
- Pope to visit Britain next year
- John Paul’s sainthood centers on young nun
- Priest probes possible miracle in John Paul II saint case
- Pope Benedict chooses 15 new cardinals, and two are from U.S.
- Pope to name new Cardinals soon
- Pope urges caution on new converts to French Catholic group
- Ex-Vatican priest returns to Canada to face child sex charges
- Vatican Calls Turkey Trip a Critical Test
- First Lady Discusses Terrorism With Pope