‘Pope Benedict named 15 cardinals Wednesday, including an outspoken critic of China’s record on human rights and two Americans who have played pivotal roles in responding to the clergy sex abuse scandal.
The Americans are Archbishop Sean O’Malley of Boston and William Levada, the former archbishop of San Francisco who now holds a high post at the Vatican.’
- Papal center’s spiral costly
- Pope to visit Britain next year
- John Paul’s sainthood centers on young nun
- Priest probes possible miracle in John Paul II saint case
- Pope Benedict chooses 15 new cardinals, and two are from U.S.
- Pope to name new Cardinals soon
- Pope urges caution on new converts to French Catholic group
- Ex-Vatican priest returns to Canada to face child sex charges
- Vatican Calls Turkey Trip a Critical Test
- First Lady Discusses Terrorism With Pope