‘Pope Benedict is widely expected to soon announce his first batch of cardinals, the prelates who help him run the Roman Catholic Church and act as his top advisors.
Some Vatican sources believe he may announce the names of new members of what is arguably the world’s most exclusive men’s club as early as this Wednesday at his general audience.
The ceremony to create the cardinals, known as a consistory, is usually held a month after the Pope makes the announcement. The most likely date for a consistory could be March 25, the Feast of the Annunciation, according to Italian media reports.’
Read more at Pope expected to name new cardinals soon
- Papal center’s spiral costly
- Pope to visit Britain next year
- John Paul’s sainthood centers on young nun
- Priest probes possible miracle in John Paul II saint case
- Pope Benedict chooses 15 new cardinals, and two are from U.S.
- Pope to name new Cardinals soon
- Pope urges caution on new converts to French Catholic group
- Ex-Vatican priest returns to Canada to face child sex charges
- Vatican Calls Turkey Trip a Critical Test
- First Lady Discusses Terrorism With Pope