‘The sudden recovery of a young French nun suffering from Parkinson’s disease is at the heart of the sainthood case for Pope John Paul II, the Polish priest who heads the inquiry said Monday.
The Vatican needs to confirm a miracle after John Paul’s death for the pontiff to be beatified, the first step toward his possible canonization.
Monsignor Slawomir Oder said that an official inquiry into the nun’s inexplicable recovery was beginning this week.’
- Papal center’s spiral costly
- Pope to visit Britain next year
- John Paul’s sainthood centers on young nun
- Priest probes possible miracle in John Paul II saint case
- Pope Benedict chooses 15 new cardinals, and two are from U.S.
- Pope to name new Cardinals soon
- Pope urges caution on new converts to French Catholic group
- Ex-Vatican priest returns to Canada to face child sex charges
- Vatican Calls Turkey Trip a Critical Test
- First Lady Discusses Terrorism With Pope