‘A planned papal trip to Turkey will be a critical test of Christian-Muslim relations, a top Roman Catholic official said Wednesday, citing a priest’s slaying that a Vatican newspaper has linked to protests over cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad.
“Now (the trip) becomes very serious,” Cardinal Walter Kasper, head of the Vatican’s office for Christian unity, told The Associated Press during a gathering of Christian leaders and envoys hosted by the World Council of Churches. ‘
Read more at Vatican Calls Turkey Trip a Critical Test
- Papal center’s spiral costly
- Pope to visit Britain next year
- John Paul’s sainthood centers on young nun
- Priest probes possible miracle in John Paul II saint case
- Pope Benedict chooses 15 new cardinals, and two are from U.S.
- Pope to name new Cardinals soon
- Pope urges caution on new converts to French Catholic group
- Ex-Vatican priest returns to Canada to face child sex charges
- Vatican Calls Turkey Trip a Critical Test
- First Lady Discusses Terrorism With Pope