Panasonic KX-PX20 and KX-PX2 Press Release
Panasonic is pleased to introduce two, easy-to-use home photo printers, the KX-PX20 and KX-PX2. Making a superb partnership for printing images captured by your Lumix* digital camera in clear, beautiful detail.
In response to the increasing demand for an easy-to-use home printing solution, Panasonic will launch two new compact-sized, easy-to-use home photo printers. The KX-PX20 and KX-PX2 are both equipped with a colour LCD display; with the KX-PX20 boasting a 3.6-inch Large IPS**-TFT colour LCD, providing extra clarity and convenience.
The images captured by any digital camera can be processed and reproduced to achieve prints of a quality that rivals traditional analogue photos. Both the KX-PX20 and KX-PX2 are compatible with all digital cameras but by partnering it with Lumix digital cameras you can benefit from unique features. The Lumix printers can read extra information from recorded data such as â€œskinâ€ mode and â€œnight sceneâ€ mode. They can therefore reproduce higher quality prints for the images taken by Lumix and their over-coating process can keep image quality for up to 100 years***.
* Panasonic LUMIX Digital Cameras, 2006 & 2007 line-up
** In-Plane Switching
*** This is a presumed value based on original measurements performed by Panasonic. It is a value that is likely to vary depending on environment and, therefore, it cannot be guaranteed.
1. Colour LCD Display
The large 3.6-inch IPS-TFT Colour LCD Display provides a wide viewing angle (apprx.170 degree) both vertically and horizontally, enabling users to view the display easily. You can enjoy slide shows, easily edit photos, check the print-out image before printing and choose the target photo(s) to print easily from the thumbnail.
KX-PX2 has 1.5-inch Colour LCD Display. It provides comfortable operation not only for simple printing but for editing photos to create original calendars, design photo cards and add some photo effects.
2. Enhance your Lumix Experience The Lumix printer makes the perfect partner for Lumix digital cameras as unlike other home photo printers they are able to read extra information that is unique to Lumix digital cameras from the recorded data, such as â€œskinâ€ mode and â€œnight sceneâ€ mode. They can reproduce the images captured by Lumix digital cameras in clear, beautiful detail. The photos taken by Lumix â€œBaby Modeâ€ or â€œTravel Modeâ€ can be printed with the babyâ€™s age or the number of days that passed since the departure date.
3. 16:9 Wide Aspect Printing*
In addition to the standard post card size, the KX-PX20 and KX-PX2 can print 16:9 wide aspect images. This enables users to print images captured by the unique Lumix 16:9 wide aspect mode in their original format with no need for trimming. Furthermore, with the KX-PX20, users can enjoy these images on their 16:9 wide-screen TV in full screen mode.
* requires wide size consumable (KX-PVMS20W)
4. TV connectivity (KX-PX20)
You can view images on Colour LCD display or on TV by connecting it to the printer with the Video cable. You can enjoy a full-screen slideshow of your images on TV.
5. Simultaneous Print & View (KX-PX20)
Thanks to the dual CPU inside the KX-PX20, you can perform two jobs simultaneously. For example, you can edit photos while printing.
6. Easy to use - On-Screen Guidance
The easy-to-follow set of printing instructions that appear on screen guide you to easy printing, making it perfect for the inexperienced photographer. KX-PX20 has an additional simple operation mode, which is specialized for simple printing operations, and therefore provides extremely easy operation.
7. More Fun with your Lumix
In addition to its image printing capabilities, the Lumix printer also has fun features to enrich your camera life. These features include original calendars and photo cards creation with characters stamping*, and photo effects, such as oil painting, sepia and monochrome.
*Characters stamping feature is only available for KX-PX20.
8. Good for 100 Years
The combination of dye-sublimation technology and an over-coating process means that the prints produced by the Lumix printers are resistant to light, water, UV rays and skin contact. As a result, prints can stay in good condition for up to 100 years*.
*This is a presumed value based on original measurements performed by Panasonic. It is a value that is likely to vary depending on environment and, therefore, it cannot be guaranteed.
9. Versatile Printing - SD/SDHC Memory Card, PictBridge and PC Printing
Lumix printers offer versatility, by using the SD memory card slot, users can print out their images easily and quickly by selecting them on the Colour LCD Display. It is also possible to connect the printer directly to any PictBridge-enabled digital camera via a USB cable*, or simply connect the printer to a PC for easy printing. The Lumix printers also have a SD & SDHC memory card compatibility.
*Requires DSC specific cables
- 3.6-inch IPS-TFT Colour LCD Display
- Optimised for Lumix digital cameras
- 16:9 wide print
- Photo Editing Original Calendar 17 types Original Photo Card Frame 18 types Photo Effect 11 kinds Character Stamp 94 kinds Text Stamp 5 kinds
- Simultaneous Print & View
- â€œSimple Operating Modeâ€ is equipped
- 1.5-inch Colour LCD Display
- Optimised for Lumix digital cameras
- 16:9 wide print
- Photo Editing Original Calendar 14 types Original Photo Card Frame 11 types
Photo Effect 6 kinds
- Simple & Easy Operation