SIRIUS Satellite Radio has announced that the company has appointed Andreas Lazar as Senior Vice President, Business Development, reporting to Mel Karmazin.
Lazar, previously a Vice President and investment banker at Allen & Company LLC, will be responsible for exploring and structuring strategic partnerships with media, communications and technology companies to extend SIRIUS’ product breadth and drive subscriber growth.
“As our technology, products and programming continue to evolve, Andreas’s extensive experience will enable us to pursue the many business opportunities available that can extend SIRIUS’ footprint to increase subscriber growth and revenue even further,” said Mel Karmazin, CEO of SIRIUS. “We look forward to having Andreas work with me and the executive team as we explore the numerous possibilities before us.”
At Allen & Company, Lazar initiated and executed strategic and financing transactions for companies in media and communications industries, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private equity financing and direct investments in selected companies.
Prior to Allen & Company, Lazar worked as an investment banker for Credit Suisse First Boston, executing mergers and acquisitions and capital raising activities in the media and telecommunications industries.
Lazar is a graduate of Harvard University with a degree in Economics.
- Research and Markets: The Advertising Revenue for the Satellite Radio Stations XM and Sirius is Predicted to Be Worth $481.6 million by 2012
- SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO TO PROVIDE COMPLETE SIDELINE TO SIDELINE COVERAGE OF SUPER BOWL XL IN DETROIT
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio Names Andreas Lazar Senior Vice President, Business Development
- Unexpected findings about Satellite Radio
- XM Satellite Radio Class Action suit over “commercial free”
- Satellite Radio will be the next Satellite TV
- Combating Satellite Radio
- Satellite Radio devices the hottest Christmas present in Canada
- XM on your XBox 360
- XM and Sirius Listener Comparisons