Tom Cruise is at the centre of a fresh medical row with experts expressing concern over his purchase of a sonogram machine to perform at-home scans on expectant fiancee Katie Holmes.
Cruise told US television interviewer Barbara Walters last month that he had bought an ultrasound machine to peek at the foetus of his unborn baby with the Batman Begins actress who he has been dating since April.
“This is a patient safety issue. Untrained people, even if they have the financial means, should not buy, or be allowed to buy and operate, ultrasound machines which are, in fact, medical devices and should not be used without a medical indication,” said Dr Carol Rumack of the ACR’s Ultrasound Commission.
- Katie denies a wedding before she gives birth
- Tom Cruise voted “most irritating” celeb
- Katie Holmes’ birthday party
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Wedding Date
- Home ultrasound safe?
- Nicole Kidman sad
- Tom and Katie sing together
- Tony Danza disapproves
- Prenuptial agreement?
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Announcement