VoIP will be a mainstream technology for business users. Voice over IP is perhaps the hottest technology in the telecommunications industry today. VoIP-based services will grow even more as a mainstream technology for business use. Expect a lot of competition for the trillions of minutes and billions of dollars’ worth of voice calls that business users make each year.
Wireless VoIP will still be niche. The hype and press around voice over wireless LANs was significant in 2004. Expect more hype and some pilot programs, but not large growth for VoWLAN.
- Michael Gartenberg is vice-president and research director for the Personal Technology & Access and Custom Research groups at Jupiter Research in New York.
- Scientists warn that Skype is an ideal vehicle for hackers
- Netgear WiFi phone - for Skype!
- Windows Live Messenger Phone
- Uniden and 8×8 Introduce New Generation of Co-Branded VoIP Products
- Jawbone information
- ZyXEL VoIP WiFi phone
- VoIP Security
- Sennheiser Introduces Two VoIP Headsets
- Verizon VoiceWing
- Skype headphones and microphones