Britannia says the use of VoIP between the UK and IT outsourcing supplier LogicaCMG’s offices in India, has allowed the airline to drastically reduce international call costs, says Steve Kemp, infrastructure project manager at Britannia Airways.
‘We felt it was a big risk to use standard international telephony due to the cost and quality and wanted users to feel they were not under pressure to cut a discussion short due to the cost of an international call. Ultimately some time next year we want to extend that further to the 14 airports we have a presence at. IP telephony has become the backbone of our internal communications infrastructure.’
- Scientists warn that Skype is an ideal vehicle for hackers
- Netgear WiFi phone - for Skype!
- Windows Live Messenger Phone
- Uniden and 8×8 Introduce New Generation of Co-Branded VoIP Products
- Jawbone information
- ZyXEL VoIP WiFi phone
- VoIP Security
- Sennheiser Introduces Two VoIP Headsets
- Verizon VoiceWing
- Skype headphones and microphones