According to researchers at Cambridge University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, VoIP software like Skype may be the ideal disguise for hackers to infiltrate people’s computers.
The Communications Research Network believes that it is only a matter of time before the technique becomes mainstream and becomes the same problem that instant messaging has where hackers trigger DoS attacks using the protocol.
The researches believe that if VoIP publishers were to publish their routing specifications or switch over to open standards then the problem could be resolved.
- Scientists warn that Skype is an ideal vehicle for hackers
- Netgear WiFi phone - for Skype!
- Windows Live Messenger Phone
- Uniden and 8×8 Introduce New Generation of Co-Branded VoIP Products
- Jawbone information
- ZyXEL VoIP WiFi phone
- VoIP Security
- Sennheiser Introduces Two VoIP Headsets
- Verizon VoiceWing
- Skype headphones and microphones