Research and Markets has announced the addition of WiMax: The Hype and Hope to their offering.
This publication examines WiMax from a business viability perspective, with a focus on the anticipated technology usage and services. The report provides a subscriber and revenue forecast and case studies for WiMax service providers including Clearwire, Speakeasy Networks, AIIRMESH Communications, Nextweb, and Towerstream.
With WiMax at the top of everyone’s agenda, there is a need for research that separates the hype from the hope of this technology that is sometimes referred to as to as “WiFi on steroids”. This report takes a critical view of the prospects for WiMax, which some believe is a technology in search of a business model. With the potential for greater bandwidth, coverage, and mobility, WiMax represents a lot more than WiFi or 3G, but also a lot less. This publication dispels the myths of WiMax and puts its business prospects into perspective. It is must-have research for anyone building a business case for investment into broadband wireless and/or projects involving WiMax.
The report author, Zaga Novakovic, is an expert in the area of public access broadband wireless services. She is also author of Public Access WLAN Forecasts 2005-2009, Public Access WLAN Case Studies 2005, and Public Access WLAN Usability 2004. As researcher and analyst for broadband wireless, Zaga brings a unique perspective to the business prospects for WiMax in both the public and enterprise sectors.
Key questions answered and myths dispelled in this report include:
- Will WiMax be the death of 3G, 4G and other cellular technologies?
- Will WiMax compete with or be complementary to DSL and cable?
- Will the wide-area coverage purported by WiMax be the death of WiFi hot spots?
- Who is offering WiMax services? What is their business plan? Will they be successful?
- What are the real business opportunities for WiMax? Who will make money and how?
- What is the business outlook for WiMax? What is the subscriber and revenue forecast for WiMax?
- What will be the service drivers for WiMax? VoIP over WiMax? TV signal transmission? Public access broadband? Back-haul?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c21161