Olympiastadion, Berlin will play host to six games at the 2006 World Cup, including the Grand Final on the 9th of July.
The original stadium was designed by Otto March for the Summer Olympics of 1916 which was subsequently aborted due to the first world war but eventually had its Olympic use in 1936. The design of the new stadium stayed in the family with the son of the first designer, Werner March, providing the inspiration for its design.
The stadium was also used for 3 matches in the 1974 World Cup.
The new stadium was inaugurated on the 31st of July after the â‚¬242million renovation and now has a capacity of 76,000 seats.
Opened: 31st July, 2004